WORKING TOGETHER TO MAKE A GREAT EVENT BETTER
The X Games Park Qualifier at Rhodes Skate Park is an event our entire community can celebrate. It puts Boise on a worldwide stage, introducing the City of Trees to brand new audiences. With this kind of major event, we understand and appreciate there is an impact on surrounding businesses and residents. Some will appreciate the increased revenue this event will generate throughout the downtown area, while others may be frustrated with the road closures.
Understanding the complexities facing many businesses surrounding Rhodes Skate Park, we are working to inform area businesses early in the planning phases to address their concerns and questions. By collaborating early, our goal is to consider the needs of local businesses at the outset of planning to minimize concerns and create a positive experience for all through this major event. While we will do our best to consider all needs, there will be some road closures and necessary precautions that need to be taken to ensure public safety and proper execution of the event. We appreciate your cooperation and value your input.
In addition to the events at Rhodes Skate Park, there will also be a Harley-Davidson Hooligan Racing event at CenturyLink Arena in downtown Boise on Friday, June 15. Motorcycles and riders will be staged on the Basque Block during this event. The City of Boise is working with area businesses to mitigate any concerns related to this new event. If you have any questions or comments about Road to X Games events in Boise, please fill out the form below.
Road closures for the Road to X Games Park Qualifier will begin Tuesday, June 12 in the evening and continue until Sunday, June 17 at approximately 6:30 p.m. (Click map to enlarge)
- S. 15th Street from W. River Street to W. Grove Street (officers will be in place to direct residential and business traffic)
- W. Grand Avenue at S. 14th Street (this closure will be manned for residential access)
- S. 16th Street at W. Grove Street to S. Americana Boulevard at W. River Street
- S. Americana will be closed at W. River Street (although officers will be letting some business traffic through)
- W. Front Street will be closed from S. 14th Street to S. 16th Street
- Traffic headed NW on W. Front Street will be detoured to W. Grove Street via S. 14th Street