The most elite Skateboard and BMX athletes in the world will return to Rhodes Skate Park in Boise, Idaho June 28 – 29 to compete for a chance to compete in the Park competitions at X Games Minneapolis 2019. With 21 athletes invited to compete in each of the disciplines of Men’s and Women’s Skateboard and BMX Park, the top six finishers will punch their ticket to Minneapolis.
This year’s competition will feature current and up-and-coming talent from around the world and right at home. Boise’s Dalton Beeson will compete in his third Road to X Games Boise Qualifier event, alongside Olympic halfpipe silver medalist and X Games Snowboard SuperPipe gold medalist Ayumu Hirano. Also from Japan, 10-year-old Sky Brown will make her X Games debut in Boise as she begins her quest to become the youngest Olympian in 2020. For the complete list of invited athletes, please visit XGames.com.
Athletes to watch include:
- Ayumu Hirano (Murakami, Japan) – A three-time winter X Games medalist, Hirano will compete in his first Skateboard event at X Games in Boise. The first Japanese athlete to win gold at a winter X Games event, Hirano is also an Olympic halfpipe silver medalist and the youngest snow sport Olympic medalist of all time (15). Also an avid skateboarder, Hirano now sets his sights on a summer Olympic medal in his home country of Japan.
- Jagger Eaton (Mesa, Arizona) – The youngest athlete ever to compete at X Games, Jagger Eaton got his start on the X Games Big Air ramp at just 11 years old. At 16, Eaton earned his first X Games medals with gold in both Skateboard Street Amateurs and Park Amateurs at Minneapolis 2017. He followed with his first pro X Games medal with silver in Skateboard Street at Norway 2018 and Minneapolis 2018.
- Sky Brown (Miyazaki, Japan) – At just 10 years old, Sky Brown will compete in her first X Games event in Boise. A phenomenal skateboarder, surfer and dancer, Brown hopes to become one of the youngest Olympians by qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics at just 12.
- Mykel Larrin (Racine, Wisconsin) – Long a BMX double threat in Vert and Big Air, in 2018 Larrin tried his hand at Park for the first time. Qualifying in the top spot at the 2018 Road to X Games: Boise Qualifier, Larrin went on to place 10th in the BMX Park competition at X Games Minneapolis. He competed in three BMX disciplines there, taking home his second bronze medal in Big Air.
- Dalton Beeson (Boise, Idaho) – The only hometown competitor, Beeson made his first X Games appearance at Road to X Games: Boise Qualifier 2017. Beeson made the final, taking home 11th place. He returned in 2018, taking a 10th place finish at the qualifier.
While the events at Rhodes Skate Park are free and open to the public, tickets for bleacher seating to view the Park competitions at Rhodes Skate Park will be sold separately. Visit cityofboise.org/XGames for more information in the coming weeks.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Friday, June 28, 2019
9 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. BMX Park Practice
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. BMX Park Elimination
11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Women’s Skateboard Park Practice
12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. Women’s Skateboard Park Elimination
2 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Men’s Skateboard Park Practice
3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Men’s Skateboard Park Elimination
Saturday, June 29, 2019
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. BMX Park Practice
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Women’s Skateboard Park Practice
11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Men’s Skateboard Park Practice
12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. BMX Park Final
2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Women’s Skateboard Park Final
4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Men’s Skateboard Park Final
The event will also be streamed live June 28 – 29 through the X Games Facebook page and YouTube channel. In addition to the live stream, fans can catch the Boise Park Qualifier coverage on ABC as part of the World of X Games content on July 6, as well as coverage across X Games digital and social platforms.
Information on the Road to X: Boise Qualifier and invited athletes will be available at XGames.com for fans or on www.espnmediazone.com for media only. For photos from the 2017 and 2018 events please visit ESPN Images.
X Games Media Contacts: